Women are much ‘dirtier’ in bed than men – but it’s not what you think
Most men think that when it comes to the bedroom, they’re the dirtier sex, but they’d be mistaken. There’s no topic that’s debated more than the habits of men and women between the sheets. A research into the bedroom habits of both men and women showed just different both sexes can be.
Mirror News reported a study that showed how often men and women clean their sheets respectively, and it turns out women are lagging behind. You may have been thinking of something else entirely when you heard the word “dirty,” but we meant it in the technical sense of the term.
The study showed that on average, men washed their sheets every two weeks, while women washed theirs just once a month. Very disturbing results if we’re being honest.
The study was carried out by Ergoflex and involved over 2,000 UK based adults between the ages of 18 – 35. The company asked these individuals a series of question to determine exactly what goes on in our bedrooms, and the results were quite interesting.
From the results, only one in 10 Brits ever washed their duvets. It makes you wonder why the other nine didn’t think it was necessary. But more importantly, where do you fall in? In the cleaner minority, or are you like the nine other Brits.
The spokesperson for Ergoflex has this to say to the Daily Star, “We found it interesting that men seem to be far more hygienic when it comes to their bed than females do, especially when compared to old data.”
We know that having to change your bed sheets can be rather bothersome, but experts at Ergoflex recommend changing your sheets “at least once every couple of weeks, especially if it’s hot, but once a week is preferable.”
The research also showed that majority of Brits enjoy sleeping in the nude. Sixty-seven (67%) percent of the group say they prefer sleeping naked. Of those numbers, 61% were women while the remaining 39% were men.
As for those who wear their PJs to bed, the men also led in that category when asked how often they washed their sleepwear. The women said they put their PJs in the wash once every five wears, whereas the men did their washing once in three. Society often portrays men as the slobs so the results were quite shocking to see.
The participants were also asked if they changed their guest bed sheet after having a guest stay over. A quarter of them (about 26%) said they did, while the rest (74%) admitted that they ‘never’ do this or change it ‘sometimes.’
“Your bed should be a haven that you look forward to sleeping in at the end of the day; if it’s dirty or smelly you won’t have a good sleep,” said the Ergoflex spokesperson.
Hopefully, the company would have instilled in all the participants the importance of washing their pyjamas and beddings regularly.